Inventory Unit Detail
2009 Yamaha YZF-R6
TRACK READY. STREET SMART.
The 2009 R6 is designed to do one thing extremely well: get around a race track in minimal time. it's about a screaming, 15,000-rpm-plus fuel-injected four-cylinder engine in a taut chassis that lets it snap from upright to full lean instantly. Oh yeah: It's a great street bike too.
- Light, powerful and bristling with knowledge gained from years of racing, the YZF-R6 is the most advanced production 600cc motorcycle Yamaha - or anybody else - has ever built.
- The YZF-R6 was the ?rst production motorcycle with a ?y-by-wire throttle system for ?awless response under all conditions.
- YCC-I, Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake, is used on the R6 to vary intake tract length for excellent cylinder filling and a broader powerband. On the higher revving R6, its benefits are even more pronounced.
- Slipper-type back torque-limiting clutch greatly facilitates braking/downshifting from high speed.
- The YZF-R6 achieves fuel economy up to an estimated 40 mpg** with a fuel tank that holds 4.6 gallons of gas.
- The Engine Control Unit (ECU) has remapped YCC-T settings to optimize power output in each gear, to achieve smooth, linear power delivery out of the turn, with excellent overall drivability.
- Compact, lightweight 67 x 42.5mm 599cc DOHC 16-valve liquid-cooled titanium-valved four-cylinder has a compression ratio of 13.1:1, for great response. Domed pistons with valve cutouts produce a compact combustion chamber.
- Fuel injection mapping for the YCC-T—Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle dual-injector system complements the high compression ratio for great throttle response and reduced engine braking.
- YCC-I—Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake electronically varies intake funnel length for an amazinglyf broad, smooth powerband.
- A magnesium subframe removes weight from the rear of the motorcycle for increased mass centralization.
- Fork height adjustability and rear ride-height adjustment accommodates a great range of riders and tires.
- YCC-T uses a powerful ECU and multiple sensors to provide perfect, smooth engine response and optimal power whenever the throttle is twisted under all conditions.
- Twin-injector fuel injection: shower-type injectors above each intake funnel help achieve optimum fuel atomization at high rpm.
- Slipper-type back torque-limiting clutch greatly facilitates braking and downshifting from high speed. Close-ratio six-speed transmission delivers seamless power and maximum acceleration.
- GP-style titanium muffler contributes to mass centralization and contains EXUP® for a broad powerband, spot-on injection and emissions compliance.
- Linerless, direct-plated ceramic-composite cylinder bores mean greater heat dissipation for consistent power delivery and reduced friction.
- Cool magnesium valve and engine covers are light and stylish.
- Direct-ignition coils, dual-electrode spark plugs and high-output magneto deliver extremely accurate, reliable firing.
- Deltabox aluminum frame incorporates GP thinking in terms of engine positioning and rigidity for the ultimate in 600-class handling.
- A die-cast swingarm pivots high in the frame, for increased antisquat effect and mid-corner stability. TZ-type chain adjusters ease rear tire changes.
- Four-way adjustable (preload, high-speed compression, low-speed compression and rebound damping) inverted fork with 41mm tubes increases freedom in setting up for street or track use; soak up the bumps and resist bottoming when braking.
- Four-way adjustable (preload, high-speed compression, low-speed compression and rebound damping) piggyback rear shock delivers exceptional rear wheel tracking and stability.
- Dual 310mm front disc brakes use forged one-piece radial-mount calipers and radial-pump front master cylinder with adjustable lever for astounding braking power and feel.
- The casting technique for the five-spoke 17-inch wheels makes the rims light and strong, not to mention wickedly cool-looking.
- Built-in lap timer is controlled by a right handlebar switch.
- Multifunction digital and analog instrumentation features: programmable shift light, digital speedometer, analog tachometer, dual tripmeters with miles-on-reserve function, odometer, water temp gauge and lights for neutral, high beam, low fuel and turn signals.
- Engine Type: 599 cc liquid-cooled inline 4-cylinder; DOHC, 16 titanium valves
- Bore x Stroke: 67.0 x 42.5mm
- Compression Ratio: 13.1:1
- Carburetion: Fuel Injection with YCC-T and YCC-I
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 6-speed w/multi-plate slipper clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension/Front: 41 mm inverted fork; 4-way adjustable, 4.7-in travel
- Suspension/Rear: Single shock; 4-way adjustable, 4.7-in travel
- Brakes/Front: Dual 310 mm floating disc; radial-mount 4-piston calipers
- Brakes/Rear: 220 mm disc; single-piston caliper
- Tires/Front: 120/70-ZR17
- Tires/Rear: 180/55-ZR17
- Length: 80.3 in.
- Width: 27.6 in.
- Height: 43.3 in.
- Seat Height: 33.5 in.
- Wheelbase: 54.3 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 24°
- Trail: 3.8 in.
- Oil Capacity (with oil filter change): 3.6 qt.
- Fuel Capacity: 4.6 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 40 mpg
- Wet Weight: 414 lbs.
- Primary Reduction Ratio: 85/41 (2.073)
- Secondary Reduction Ratio: 45/16 (2.813)
- Gear Ratio - 1st Gear: 31/12 (2.583)
- Gear Ratio - 2nd Gear: 32/16 (2.000)
- Gear Ratio - 3rd Gear: 30/18 (1.667)
- Gear Ratio - 4th Gear: 26/18 (1.444)
- Gear Ratio - 5th Gear: 27/21 (1.286)
- Gear Ratio - 6th Gear: 23/20 (1.150)
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- inline 4-cylinder; DOHC, 16 titanium valves
- 599 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 67.0 x 42.5mm
- Liquid Cooled
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel Injection with YCC-T and YCC-I
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm inverted fork; 4-way adjustable, 4.7-in travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock; 4-way adjustable, 4.7-in travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual 310 mm floating disc; radial-mount 4-piston calipers
- Rear Brakes
- 220 mm disc; single-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 54.3 in.
- Seat Height
- 33.5 in.
- 3.8 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.6 gal.
- 40 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Wet Weight: 414 lbs.
- 6-speed w/multi-plate slipper clutch
- Final Drive
- Vivid Orange/Raven, Pearl White, Team Yamaha Blue/White, Raven
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)