Inventory Unit Detail
2019 Husqvarna Motorcycles FX 450
Call for Price
Launch offroad aboard the powerful yet very rideable FX 450. Engineered to deliver benchmark performance with exceptional ease-of-use thanks to the broad power delivery and latest traction control technology, this motorcycle allows you to effortlessly carve your own trail. Featuring advanced engineering and premium components, the all-new FX 450 offers exceptional handling and usability, appealing to both amateur and professional racers alike.
- Powerful Engine: The SOHC engine is the perfect example of the advanced engineering techniques used by Husqvarna motorcycles offering class-leading HP at an overall weight of just 61.3 pounds. Mass-centralization is key in the engine design, enabling chassis engineers to position the engine closer to the center of gravity for optimal handling and maneuverability.
- Gearbox: A new lightweight 5-speed gearbox produced by PANKL Racing Systems ensures the highest level of durability and reliability. The gear lever also features a unique design that prevents dirt build-up and keeps the lever tip in its original position, even in the toughest conditions, while an advanced gear sensor selects the ideal engine map for each gear.
- Lightweight Frame: Hydroformed, laser cut and robot-welded, the frames featured in Husqvarna Motorcycles are expertly engineered with calculated parameters of flex. As such, the frame features an increase in longitudinal rigidity resulting in improved rider feedback, energy absorption and straight-line stability. Additionally, the 4-stroke frame now features new brackets for mounting the skid plate available in the accessories catalogue.
- Carbon Subframe: The composite subframe is a design unique to Husqvarna Motorcycles, which showcases pioneering technologies and innovation. Using 70% polyamide and 30% carbon fibre, the new 2-piece subframe design saves 250 g for a total weight at just over 1 kg. Apart from being robust, specific care is taken to create the perfect rigidity for optimal handling and rider comfort.
- Crankshaft: The crankshaft is specifically positioned to harness the rotating mass in the ideal centre of gravity resulting in a lightweight and agile handling feel. As such, the inertia produced by the crankshaft is carefully calculated to deliver optimal traction and rideability from the powerful 450cc plant. A plain big end bearing comprising of two force-fitted bearing shells ensure maximum reliability and durability, guaranteeing long service intervals of 100 hours.
- CNC Machined Triple Clamps: The 22 mm offset CNC-machined triple clamps feature an integrated rubber damping system that reduces vibration and increases rider comfort. Due to the increased longitudinal rigidity of the main frame, the upper triple clamp is now stiffer and works in harmony with the front forks, offering superior handling and stability. A 3-way handlebar adjustment is standard and allows for customisable ergonomics.
- Magura Hydraulic Clutch: The reliable, high quality, German-made clutch system guarantees even wear, near maintenance-free operation and perfect modulation in every condition. Meaning that play is constantly compensated so that the pressure point and function of the clutch remain identical in hot or cold conditions, as well as over time.
- DDS Clutch: The FX 450 features a Dampened Diaphragm Steel clutch, which includes a single-diaphragm steel pressure plate instead of traditional coil springs. It integrates a damping system for better traction and durability. The clutch basket is a single-piece CNC-machined steel component that allows the use of thin steel liners and contributes to the compact design of the engine.
- Functional Bodywork: New for 2019, the bodywork on the offroad range showcase Husqvarna Motorcycles pioneering Swedish design. The ergonomics have also been tailored to deliver greater comfort and control, enabling riders to perform at the highest level for extended periods of time. After numerous tests, the contact points have also been slimmed down for seamless movement between riding positions.
- WP AER 48 Suspension: The WP AER 48 fork is lightweight and easy to adjust thanks to easy access compression and rebound clickers, and a single air valve and supplied fork pump for pre-load. Together with the fully adjustable WP DCC rear shock, Husqvarna Motorcycles offer superior suspension performance, feeling and comfort.
- Wheels And Tyres: Made from high-strength alloy rims by D.I.D and featuring CNC-machined hubs, the wheels of the FX 450 are fitted with DUNLOP GEOMAX tyres with proven design for progressive cornering and superior grip on a variety of terrain.
- Map Switch: A mapping switch as standard serves multiple functions. It can be used to initiate launch control, allows riders to toggle between 2 engine maps or activate traction control. Both traction control and launch control feature an updated setting for improved traction on slippery trails for better handling and quicker launches.
- Engine Management System: The KEIHIN EMS is designed to be smaller, lighter and faster at processing data. It integrates launch control for perfect starts,selectable engine maps via the switch on the handlebar as well as traction control.
- 44 MM Throttle Body: The FX 450, like the rest of the 4-stroke motocross range, features a 44 mm KEIHIN throttle body and injector system that ensures optimal throttle response. Throttle response is also improved thanks to a more direct mounting forgoing a throttle linkage. This has allowed for new throttle cable routing, which makes for easier maintenance and less wear and tear.
- Electric Start And Li-Ion Battery: A new generation Li-Ion 2.0 Ah battery has been fitted to the FX 450, weighting 1 kg less than a conventional lead battery. This adds additional weight saving to the overall bike weight. Additionally, the electric start makes for quicker restarts in the event of engine stalling.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Displacement: 449.9 cm³
- Stroke: 63.4 mm
- Starter: Electric starter
- Transmission: 5-speed
- Clutch: Wet, DDS multi-disc clutch, Magura hydraulics
- EMS: Keihin EMS
- Frame design: 25CrMo4 steel central-tube frame
- Front suspension: WP-USD, AER 48, Ø 48 mm
- Rear suspension: WP shock absorber with linkage
- Front brake: Disc brake
- Rear brake: Disc brake
- Front brake disc diameter: 260 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4"
- Steering head angle: 63.9 °
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- 449.9 cm³
- Front Suspension
- WP-USD, AER 48, Ø 48 mm
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Suspension
- WP shock absorber with linkage
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake
- Final Drive
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.